The first Protestant Cemetery in Tehran was started in 1890 in the area of Akbarabad just south of Teheran. Because at that time nearly all Protestant Christians were foreigners the cemetery was set up under a committee of ambassadors from predominantly Protestant countries. As the city grew the cemetery became part of the city area.
Until the Iranian revolution the administration was done by American Presbyterian clergy. In 1995 the ambassadors asked the German Speaking Evangelical Congregation being the last international Protestant church in Teheran to take over this duty. Read More